Project start: 2009
Project finish: 2010
SETEC ING LLC tasks
The Concessioner has requested SETEC to run the project expertise and to assist the Concessioner to optimise the project solutions.
Performing the mentioned tasks, SETEC has realised the following:
- evaluation of the "project" documentation developed by the General Designer
- proposals on the project optimisation and the presentation of the optimised solutions to the Customer
- development of the technical appendixes to the Concession agreement
- development of the design documentation at the "general preliminary project" stage
The sections listed below have been developed:
- operation and geometry of the traffic interchanges
- road geometry,
- toll and special equipment
- engineering structures,
- earthworks and pavement,
- drainage and contaminated water treatment,
buildings and constructions of linear infrastructure facilities on the maintenance site (DEP Khimky, DEU-1), toll plazas (ТР1-ТР8) and rest areas
The Moscow-Saint-Petersburg highway is classified as a high risk and technically complicated object. The Moscow-Saint-Petersburg highway is the first Russian national highway with some segments to be be constructed under the concession agreement.
The Segment 1, 43 km long, joints the Moscow Ring road (MKAD). The road will be mostly provided to give access to the airport Sheremetyevo and Zelenograd.
Main Project characteristics and features
Toll motorway 43 km long, from 2х5 to 2х2 lanes including:
- 7 traffic interchanges,
- 8 toll plazas, one of them is located on the current section
- 1 viaduct 300 running meters long,
- facilities and buildings integrated in the motorway infrastructure,
- requirements to meet profit expectations for the toll motorway
- complexity of the traffic interchanges,
- motorway starts as an urban road
- installation of the toll plaza and maintenance system for providing high-quality customer service and enabling a safe and efficient road.