BRIDGE ACROSS THE PETROVSKY CHANNEL, SAINT-PETERSBURG
Astaldi (Italy), Ictaas (Turkey)
ZAO Institut Stroyproekt
Mission of Setec Inginiring:
- Expert assessment and checking of the calculations related to the adopted design solutions regarding the cable-stayed bridge;
- Obtaining approval of the selected technical solution;
- Checking foundations and cross-sections of the structures;
- Assistance during the wind-tunnel tests;
- Dynamic calculations of the wind load.
Characteristics of the Bridge:
- Length of the bridge – 580 m. Cable-stayed bridge with reinforced concrete spans 60+110+240+110+60m long, respectively.
- Height above the water level – 25m , span width between the piers – 166 m.
- The cross-section of the stiffening girder consists of four main steel I-beams 1,760 mm high located under the road way at the distance of 20.1 m from each other and at the distance of 5.6 m on the dividing strip. The main beams are interconnected by transverse beams and diaphragms with the pace of 6.5 m along the bridge. Additional ledgers are installed with a pace of 3.35 m to assure the required dimensions of the concrete slabs.
- Protective engineering structures assure the safety of the bridge in case of berthing impact. The protective engineering structures are designed taking their safe exploitation into consideration in case of ice effects.
- Deck dimensions – 2,0+2х3,75+2х3,5+1,0). The deck will consist of 8 lanes (four lanes in each direction)and two-side operating aisles0.75 m wide.
- Estimated traffic speed - 120 km/h.