DOUBLE-DECK BRIDGE ACROSS THE SEA CHANNEL, SAINT-PETERSBURG
Astaldi (Italy), Ictaas (Turkey)
ZAO Institut Stroyproekt
Mission of Setec Inginiring:
- Preparation of the working design documentation, chapter “Bridge Span Metallic Structures”
- Expert assessment and checking calculations of the adopted design solutions regarding the pier foundations and the pier bodies.
Characteristics of the Bridge:
- Bridge length – 760 m, span breakdown 156+168+3×144, width – 20 m.
- The bridge clearance on the Sea Channel is 100х52m, which is the main factor determining the length of the spans.
- Type of the bridge spans: steel trusses with parallel chords, diagonals represented by cross elements and orthotropic plate of the upper and lower deck. The distance between the axes of the decks is 20.4 m.
- The piers are reinforced concrete Y-shape poles with widening caps. The piers are empty with the stairs inside.
- Pier foundations are based on pressure-injected piles of ø 1500 mm bound together by a reinforced concrete monolithic pile cap. The piers standing in water will be protected from the impact of currents and ice.
- Number of lanes – 4 lanes on each deck.
- Calculated speed – 120 km/h.